Where can I get a copy of the user manual?
Go to User Manual and select the manual for your appliance model.
My appliance is not working, how do I get it fixed?
Where can I buy Simpson appliances?
Where do I go for warranty queries?
Where can I buy accessories for my appliance or spare parts?
To find your nearest location for genuine branded spare parts or accessories call 0800 106620.
Why is the electric oven or grill not working?
The power is not turned on - check the power. Controls are incorrectly set. The household fuse has blown or power supply is off. If the fuse continues to blow, call the Service Centre.
Why is the electric oven light not working?
The lamp has blown or loose in socket or household fuse has blown. If it continues to blow, call the Service Centre.
Why are oven doors and hobs too hot to touch?
They get hot due to the heat transfer from the element. All our products comply with Australian and New Zealand standards.
Why does the oven light always come on when the oven is turned on?
The oven light is wired to the thermostat control and this is the normal operation in most of our latest oven ranges.
Can my electric wall oven be rear vented?
No, They are designed for front venting using the cooling fan.
Is it normal for my oven’s fan to run after the oven has been turned off?
Yes, this is normal. The fan stays on for a period of time in order to help cool the oven.
What can I do to ensure the best results when cooking with my induction cooktop?
There are many factors that can affect cooking, but you can help ensure best results by following these recommendations:
- Use heavier, high-quality cookware that is suitable for induction cooktops.
- High-quality cookware that is heavier and has a flat bottom will help your food cook more evenly.
- Adjust the recipe's suggested temperature or cooking time.
Your induction cooktop provides exceptional temperature control that allows you to adjust heat with greater accuracy than gas or electric cooktops, especially at lower settings. Perfect for melting chocolate and cooking delicate foods and sauces.
I see discoloured areas on my electric or induction cooktop that have a metallic sheen. How can I prevent or remove these?
Discoloration that has a metallic sheen can be caused by mineral deposits from water and food. You can help prevent it by using cookware with a clean and dry bottom surface, and you can remove it with a ceramic/glass cooktop cleaning cream.
What sized saucepan can be used on a ceramic cooktop?
Up to 1 cm larger than the markings on the surface of the ceramic cooktop.
Why did the electric wall oven produce smoke when it was first used?
The smoke is caused by the protective oils left on the appliance, these oils are removed after turning the grill to "high" for 10 minutes, and then the oven for 10 minutes.
Can I light my electronic gas cooktop manually if the power goes out?
Yes, there is no problem with lighting it manually.
How can I prevent scratches on my electric or induction cooktop?
Prior to using your cooktop for the first time, apply the recommended cooktop cleanser to the surface and buff using a nonabrasive cloth or pad. The special cooktop cleansing cream leaves a protective finish that helps prevent scratches and abrasions.
To further prevent scratches on your cooktop surface:
- Be sure that the cooktop and any pots, pans, or utensils you use are clean.
- If coarse particles (such as salt) come between your cooktop and utensils, scratches can result.
- Use pots and pans that have a smooth, flat bottom.
- Use cleaning materials that are recommended for ceramic/glass cooktops.
- Any small scratches that occur will not affect your cooktop’s performance, and will become less visible
Why won't water pump into the front load washing machine?
Did you switch the machine on? Are the taps turned on? Check if the wire-net filter on the inlet hose is clean. Is the door closed properly?
Why is the front load washing machine leaking?
Is the pump guard properly fixed? Is the inlet hose properly secured to the tap and the washing machine?
Why is there so much bubbling during washing in the front load washing machine?
Check the water hardness and reduce the quantity of washing powder you are using.
What should I do if my dishwasher isn’t running?
If your dishwasher won’t run, check to determine if it might be due to one of the following reasons:
- A circuit breaker is tripped in your home, or a fuse is blown.
- The water supply to your home is not on.
- The dishwasher’s cycle setting needs to be checked and adjusted
- The dishwasher’s DELAY START option was selected.
- The door of the dishwasher is not completely closed and latched.
Why do I see detergent left in the dishwasher dispenser after a cycle?
- Be sure to use fresh detergent, as older detergent might not dissolve well.
- Check to ensure that the spray arm is not blocked, so that water from it can reach the dispenser.
- Check to see if the cycle has completed.
- When loading the dishwasher, make sure the detergent dispenser can open freely.
- Before you close the door, check that the upper rack is firmly attached to/with the nozzle on the back of the dishwasher.
Should there be water left in the bottom of my dishwasher?
Yes, the level will be just up to the filter. This is to stop the seals from drying out.
Why won't the water pump out of the dishwasher?
The drain system may be blocked - check and clean all filters, drain hose for kinks, sharp bends and sink trap for spigot blockage.